Any AFOL’s out there

Home Forums The Pub General Discussion Any AFOL’s out there

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kat
    Participant

In the last year, I found my old LEGO. I could have sold the lot, but I thought better and decided to rebuild the sets. This was an expensive mistake. One year on I’ve become an AFOL (Adult Fan of LEGO) and my bank account is suffering for it.  I tell people I’m like a 10yo who into Pokemon; just a tad obsessed.

Anyone else out there into LEGO; if there is no one I’ll just drop the subject :P

Or during all this lockdown stuff did you rediscover your own long lost hobby during the declutter?

That_Bloke
    Participant

On the old site this page sprang from, Zgeek, there was a user whose name I forget who had a lego animation site & youtube channel called Brick Tease, He even got a title sequence used on Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

I don’t have any Lego myself.  I’m actually almost tempted to get some.  It looks like a lot of fun.

Any cheap-ish kit recommendations to get started?

This post was sent using 100% recycled electrons

That_Bloke
    Participant

Kat
    Participant

I loved “In Gordon St Tonight” a nice variety-packed show.

I’ve seen a couple of stop motion clips using minifigs and RL objects.

@Dog; there are lots of sets covering lots of interest, with lots of price tags. You might like the “Minecraft” ones, or a vehicle they have “vroomability”. I find building relaxing and not much thinking needed if you follow the instruction books.  Try looking on “certain sites” to find some second-hand stuff.

The latest LEGO music / augmented reality is Vidiyo. Lots of older kids just collecting for the minifigs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.