Best affordable 3D printer?

Home Forums Tech Discussion Hardware Best affordable 3D printer?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    That_Bloke
    Participant

What’s the best affordable 3D printer available with a build area somewhere close to or larger that 45cm x 45cm 45cm? Or at least can accomodate 45+cm in height?

dogwomble
    Keymaster

What sort of price range were you looking at?

I was trying to find a little bit of information earlier to see if I can get any information – from what I can understand, that size is when you start going from the hundreds to the thousands of dollars.  There weren’t any particular model recommendations, but did come across this which depending on your budget may be a goer.

Edit: Eek.  Still having the problem with links (the last bug that i’m trying to get quashed and it’s not dying easily!)  The one I uncovered was the Modix Big60 V3.

One thing that was noted that you’ll need to make sure you have an enclosure of sorts to keep everything warm to avoid warping from parts cooling off too soon, as well as having the scaffolding available to support a structure that large.  Though you possibly already know this :)

Hopefully that’s at least some use to you.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by dogwomble.

This post was sent using 100% recycled electrons

That_Bloke
    Participant

I dunno what price range, just whatever is cheapest in class with reasonable qaulity & reliability. I plan to print in PLA, I wanna experiment with printing forms for investment casting.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

Well now that I’ve got the links bug fixed…I should be able to post these now.  Looks like the only ones that I seem to be finding are not exactly cheap.

Modix Big60 v3 3D Printer Kit with Enclosure

Raise3D Pro Series

It does seem once you go past the 300mm sizes, it does start to go up in price very quickly.

That_Bloke
    Participant

Oh, I was hoping for sub $1500, preferably sub one grand :p

That_Bloke
    Participant

I think I did see something on Bang Good for like $900 that could accomodate 45cm in height, which is the main thing. I just need to know if it’s not completely shit.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

Do you happen to have a link for it?

That_Bloke
    Participant

Nah, was a while ago.

That_Bloke
    Participant
    dogwomble
    Keymaster

I was asking someone about this – they mentioned they weren’t familiar with that particular model.  However they had heard good things about other Creality models so seemed to think they were generally a reasonable bet.  So may be one to add to the shortlist :)

That_Bloke
    Participant

Cool

That_Bloke
    Participant

Another Creality 3D, more features, costs more, slightly smaller build are apart from height.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by That_Bloke.
    That_Bloke
    Participant

Another brand

PS: I kept hitting submit & the new post was not being created, might have been because it had two links in it originally.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by That_Bloke.
    That_Bloke
    Participant

Yet another brand, dont need that multi-colour function though.

That_Bloke
    Participant

Anycubic Chiron, has a large build area but lacks features

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.