Known Issues with site

Home Forums The Pub Technical Support Known Issues with site

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dogwomble
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

I’m just throwing this thread together to basically keep a log of ‘known issues’ with the site.

I’ve fixed up a lot of issues already with the site.  these include:

• Emails being sent as part of new user registration being treated as Spam by some hosts.  This was fixed by adding an SPF record to the domain.  (Silly oversight on some part).
    • SSL not working for http://www.crispygeek.com but working for crispygeek.com.  Solved by fixing the LetsEncrypt certificate.
    • Inability for users to upload images.  Fixed by allowing image upload permissions for the subscriber role.
    • Random HTML appearing for some users when posting replies in the forums.  Probably fixed by permitting the HTML tags the WYSIWIG editor lets you use.  Being monitored to work out if there are additional that need to be added.

There are two other issues that I need to have a look at.

• I’m having reports that mobile users may have difficulties with being logged out when trying to submit a post using the link in the header.  To be investigated.
    • YouTube videos not displaying on the front page, but are fine when I load the post.  I suspect this is a theme issue, so currently have a ticket open with the theme provider pending response.

Of course, this forum exists to tell me about any other weirdness you find.  So if you see anything else, feel free to start a thread.

This post was sent using 100% recycled electrons

dogwomble
    Keymaster

So some of you more astute viewers will have noticed I’ve made a theme change.  Yeah …, about that.

I loved the original theme.  It was almost exactly what I wanted.  Almost.  Getting the front page to behave how I wanted was like pulling teeth, so I’ve just cut my losses.  It means I’ve had to shell out for another theme, but it is what it is :)  At least the front page is behaving, and I’ve got an alternative for the rest of the site.

I promise … no more theme changes in the immediate future are planned.  Though I welcome feedback to try and fine tune what we have here now.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

So now I think I am mostly happy with where things are at. The only thing I have to worry about now is getting the profile images to line up in some of the Forum threads.

Though if anyone else gets noticed please let me know here

That_Bloke
    Participant

I tried to post a link in a post just now, it didn’t work at all, didn’t even appear but that might have been because I was trying to link back to another post from here.

Edit: Oh, & forum time is wrong, says this was posted at 12:22pm, it’s 23:23pm now.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by That_Bloke.
    dogwomble
    Keymaster

Well spotted on the timezone.  I’ve done a close-enough fix.  Turns out I forgot to correctly set the timezone.  Looks like I would have to manually update the time by hand for existing posts – yeah nah, that is a bit tedious to do the mathematicsing on.  But I’ve tested new posts and they should all display the correct time now based on Sydney time (currently GMT+11).  I’m going to call that “good enough”.

What post were you trying to post the link in?  I will have a look and try and work out what it’s doing.

That_Bloke
    Participant

It was in “I suppose I should say Hi :D” where I tried to post a link back to my other post in general & the link just didn’t appear.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

It was in “I suppose I should say Hi :D” where I tried to post a link back to my other post in general & the link just didn’t appear.

OK thanks :)

I’m working on it.  Hopefully I can get a solution soon when my brain is a little less frazzled :)

dogwomble
    Keymaster

After much fighting, arguing and gnashing of teeth … that particular problem has been fixed :D

So I should be able to put a link here and it should work.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by dogwomble.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

Also quashed to quash the last known issue with the site.  It was showing spurious copies o9f some of the information on the page showing your user profile,  Now fix0re :)

That_Bloke
    Participant

@Dogwomble, There’s a comment by you on a frontpage story that doesn’t appear to exist, it’s that U Want more Social Media one.

That_Bloke
    Participant

@Dogwomble, There’s a comment by you on a frontpage story that doesn’t appear to exist, it’s that U Want more Social Media one.

Found it, was a couple of pages over in the news, clicking the link where it says someone commented on it doesn’t take you to it, it just loops the front page.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by That_Bloke.
    dogwomble
    Keymaster

Where was that link?  I can’t seem to find whereabouts you’re referring to and the links I seem to be finding apear to work.

That_Bloke
    Participant

Where was that link? I can’t seem to find whereabouts you’re referring to and the links I seem to be finding apear to work.

It’s odd, it’s working fine now, but at time of original post clicking the link in the recent comments section on the front page would just reload the front page.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.