Media support?

Home Forums The Pub Technical Support Media support?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    That_Bloke
    Participant

Is there any scope in current version of vBulletin to beable to post short videos in posts, direct from device?

dogwomble
    Keymaster

The sites based around WordPress/bbPress instead of vbulletin.  The default WordPress media gallery does have some support for audio and video – that’s essentially how I do the podcasts – and this works for the news feed, however bbPress basically uses it’s own attachment system for images.  If there’s sufficient demand, I can look at whether there’s an add-on or plugin for bbPress that would allow the attaching of videos.

This post was sent using 100% recycled electrons

That_Bloke
    Participant

Yeah, I just wanted to start a thread of accursed things, post cursed images & vids, I have some cursed mp4s, I just don’t want to bother hosting them somewhere else to post here.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

Well we’re on a 100 megabit port and have 80 gig of storage for the VPS hosting the site, so I think hostage wise I think we’re good provided they’re at least somewhat optimised for web playback I think I’ll have no issues with hosting them.  If you wanted to have them as a front page post, this should already be possible (though if you have difficulties let me know – I’ve given the standard user role the ability to uplod images which I’m pretty sure also covers audio and video but I might need to enable that separately).  Give me a day or two and I’ll look at whether there’s a way I can introduce that into bbPress.

This post was sent using 100% recycled electrons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.