So, um yeah, That happened

Home Forums The Pub General Discussion So, um yeah, That happened

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    That_Bloke
    Participant

Some of you who were friends with me on Facebook may notice I’m currently not there, I voluntarily deactivated my account(possibly indefinitely) because FB sent me a notification saying they were thinking about deleting it, no reason given, then within 48 hours I was unable to post to pages or groups, it seems to be connected two this https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/29/facebook-banned-me-because-i-am-leftwing-i-am-not-the-only-one but it’s baffling, I haven’t been a super hardcore leftbooker, I’m probably the tamest in my leftbook circle.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

I have been lucky to have avoided being in Facebook Jail, though I do know a few people who have fallen victim to the various moderator banhammers at various times.  I seem to remember it being over fairly trivial stuff some of the time.  Some people just need to gain a sense of humour :)

This post was sent using 100% recycled electrons

mad-biker
    Participant

facebook has become highly political and censors anything it doesn’t agree with for their political reasons. its going to be a hasbeen soon I recon because of it. too big for their boots, and think they can get away with anything they want and people will still kiss their arses.

That_Bloke
    Participant

& the thing is There are heaps of Proud Boys still on there & your average boomer grandma is sharing memes from neo-nazi sources without a second thought, I am hard left yes but I’m not extreme, it’s not like I was sharing ACAB, Eat the rich, Guilotine your landlord type stuff.  But I have been open about the fact that I, & others I know reported Brenton Tarrant(without naming him on FB) to the National Security Hotline in 2016 yet post Christchurch Australian authorities had claimed to be unaware of him. Also I have been vocal about the 2018 branch stacking of NSW Young Nationals by members of the neo-nazi group Antipodean Resistance(Without naming the organisation on FB), I’ve been vocal that one of their members(who still has a FB account btw) got himself on the campaign staff for my town’s state member & was responsible for the posting of neo-nazi posters around town over a six month period.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by That_Bloke.
    dogwomble
    Keymaster

And I thought most of the right-wing fuckwittery went to Parler?  Must have made a return when Amazon shut it down.

That_Bloke
    Participant

The Qanonces & the overtly Fascist went to Parler but the Proud Boys & a lot of the Reclaimers, Avi Yemini, Ralph Verminara etc are still right there on Facebook.

That_Bloke
    Participant

Ross “The Skull” May is still on Facebook & he’s an oldschool bonehead going back to the 70s.

Ross "The Skull" May

That_Bloke
    Participant

So I reactivated facebook because I needed it to get into a bunch of other stuff for which my sessions had expired, had only been active less than 12 hours & the fuckery started all over again.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m sure shadowbanning is a thing, even if they deny it.  I’m just not sure why they’d be doing it in your case…

That_Bloke
    Participant

Nuked proper now on Fashbook.

dogwomble
    Keymaster

That kinda sucks.  You use any other social media at all?

That_Bloke
    Participant

That kinda sucks. You use any other social media at all?

Nope
    That_Bloke
    Participant

Finally back, for over a week the appeal button didn’t work, finally worked last night, took them 24 hours to decide that I’m not a bot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.